Sunday, May 01, 2005

Surviving: Satu Petang Bersama Peter Pan

The date was 1st May 2005...I survived the Peter pan concert held at Planet Hollywood...I survived the queuing, heat, sweat, the manhandling ass***** who were not making things easy for us...making it into Planet Hollywood was one thing but to survive the whole 2 hour concert and being on my feet for 8 hours yesterday was another mean feat...but all turned out quite well...I personally had a blast!

The day started at 6am for me...got out of bed and showered, performed morning prayers and proceeded to get ready for the long day ahead...provisions were already made the day before with my water bottle, umbrella, folding fan and tissues to help me throughout the day...left the room at 15mins past 7am and made my way to the bus stop...the first waiting game began with waiting for the Putra feeder bus...it took the bus a whole 40mins to get to where I was...but I guess I must have been used to it cos I didn’t even complain...I guess I was simply too sleepy to begin with...my two other mates, Shasha and Aisyah were already in the bus and we waited for 3 other members of our posse so we could make our way to Dang Wangi LRT station...the journey was uneventful but as soon as we stepped out of our destination’s LRT station we stumbled upon some pple doing filming...tht was only the ferst brush with a camera crew...there was apparently more when we got to Planet Hollywood...

Upon arrival at Planet Hollywood at roughly around 8.30am, we were surprised that there weren’t already pple queuing up for tickets (knowing how kiasu Singaporeans are, we were expecting a crowd that had queued up from the previous night)...so we were ferst in line...but since our empty stomachs got the best of us we left the venue to grab breakfast at McD’s...after abt 20mins of eating and getting some rest we made our way back to the venue and *surprise* there was already a line that was formed! (If only we didn’t go for breakfast!)...but then again we weren’t that far from the entrance into Planet Hollywood...so at 9.30am the second waiting game began...the doors to the establishment only opened its doors at 11.30am and soon the line snaked all the way past the corner and snaked further to the side of the establishment (estbmt) to the back...

At about 10.30am, the sun started to pound on all of us and it was getting a bit hot…thankfully yours truly had enough sense to pack an umbrella and the fan which came in really handy...so we waited and waited and waited some more...somewhere during the duration of the wait, a camera crew started to interview some pple...I was kinda hoping they would come and approach us and then suddenly when our attention wavered they suddenly pounced on us and asked us to say a few words to Peterpan! That was completely brilliant (especially when we found out that the video was for the private viewing of Peter Pan themselves!) we were completely floored and suddenly rendered speechless...they asked us where we were from and the when we said Singapore the guys asked us where...I was kinda confused and didn’t know what he meant and then just left it hanging in the air hehehhe...that was kinda funny...and then they asked us to give us a private message to the members of Peter Pan and then we also forgot to say our names! Urrrggghhhhh! So I managed to give Ariel a special hello from moi! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Close to one we finally made it into Planet Hollywood and managed to purchase the RM40 tickets (which were quite a steal!)...made our way to the back door and went for a short RnR till we had to queue again to get into the estbmt for the concert...thinking that it was showcase we were hoping that the crowd would be small and intimate but we were WRONG!

When we got back to the front door at roughly 1.30pm there was a huge throng of people already crowding the door...and then we all got stuck somewhere in the middle of the throes of people with pple’s shoulders and elbows all over us and we were all squeezed like a tin of sardines...that was when things started to get ugly...

Pple started pushing and shoving, and that’s when I ferst lost it...I screamed loudly and some pple actually shut up but then the riot continued...the pushing and shoving ensued and finally I made it through the door and got my hand stamped with some luminescent ink and made my way to the belly of the establishment...the band was set up and the crowd below was already swelling steadily...unknown to me, Aisyah got separated from me Shasha and Darwis...we started to fear her safety (also becos I was kinda responsible cos I asked her whether she wanted to come along)...finally she emerged along with Mardhiah and Izhar...thank God...the crowd was pretty unnerving outside…but we all managed to escape from it unscathed…so there we were waiting for Peterpan to perform...tht was 2pm and the concert wasn’t due to start till 3pm...the crowd swelled to even bigger numbers and the floor was simply packed with pple without a single inch of space left! So much for thinking that it was a showcase for a small number...kinda disappointed ‘cos it meant that we wouldn’t be able to watch them from up close...

3pm came and Peter Pan was still not in sight! The crowd suddenly became nervy and everyone started to push and shove again...we made our way somewhere to the center but at the back so that we would be safe...at 3.30pm Peter Pan came out and everyone else got too excited again...after ONE song, they left the stage and the crowd got pissed...then only when the crowd relaxed a bit did they come out to perform and tht was at 4pm! And when the concert began, it immediately started to KICKASS! It was fabulous! Everyone was so into the music and the band...they are really good I tell you! Their performance was CD-quality! I was jumping and enjoying the music and finally managed a glimpse of Ariel the vocalist! He is absolutely gorgeous! I ALMOST melted into a puddle hehehe...

Finally when there was a little bit of silence I took the opportunity and then screamed: “ARIEL! I LOVE YOU!!!!”

And he actually said I love you back at me!!!!! Ahakz...I didn’t think I had the guts but hey, when you want to get noticed you gotta be really gung-ho hehehe...And then the songs became up-tempo and the kind you just want to rock to and I started dancing and jumping together with the other 3...I was really hot, tired and sweaty...but I was also really enjoying myself! Then suddenly one of the guys who came to interview us earlier in the day was weaving his way through the crowd with his paparazzi worthy camera and started snapping! Again I took the opportunity and called out to him and pointed to us and he snapped our pic! It was fabulous! Totally fab! When the concert ended we weaved our way back out the door and took gulps of fresh air and got excitedly talking about the whole experience...

Tired and really happy, we quickly went to Sungei Wang Plaza and took refuge at the surau to do our prayers and to take a little breather...after freshening up we walked all the way to KLCC from Bukit Bintang...had dinner, bumped into the Indonesian students having a field day as well (I found one of them especially cute and charming!)...after winding down and finished up the last few remaining shots of the roll of film we bought to document our day (of course we took pics lah! Takkan lah pergi tgk Peter Pan tak bawak camera!)...we trudged back to the LRT station and took the train back to campus…overall…it was one of the highlights of my life I should say...heheheh...can’t wait for the photos to develop! You guys wait patiently k...

This has probably got to be my longest entry EVER...so I‘ll wrap up here!


Ingatkan ku semua Wahai Sahabat...Kita untuk slamanya kita percaya...Kita tebarkan arah dan tak pernah lelah... Ingatkan ku semua wahai sahabat– Peter Pan


...Fading Into Oblivion...

No comments: