Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Review: Bukit Putus New Highway

Probably only Kha knows what i'm talking about.

That's if she even remembers. heh.

Ok...on with the story.

Went back to my kampung on sunday mrng to pick my brother up.

(He's spent one month at my grandparent's place)

On the way to my kampung, there is this long winding narrow road, narrower than the road that goes to Genting.

It's called Bukit Putus.

It is not for the faint hearted.

At every sharp turn, 13 if im not mistaken, you look down over a ravine.

A deep, deep ravine.

It takes half an hour to get from the bottom to the top and back down the other side.

And that's if you're lucky enough not to trail behind a heavy laden truck.

Which in that case takes more than half an hour.

NOW....

There is a new road!

I laud the M*alaysian government for cutting through the forest (although it does not seem too eco-friendly) and paving a new highway to get through the pass.

It only takes FIVE minutes!!!

Why am i so excited???

'Cos for as long as i can remember, Bukit Putus has been a bane in my existence.

I hated having to pass through the winding and narrow road be it by car OR bus.

Yes i've taken a bus from Seremban to get to my grandparent's place.

ALONE.

And it used to cause me motion sickness all the time.

Very bad motion sickness.

NOT ANYMORE!!!!

I even drove up the road.

Excellent driving.

Though i would like to drive driving on Bukit Putus one day *gulps*

All pics of my 2 day trip back to my kampung will be up!

New rooms added to my grandparents house.

I MUST bring my friends to my kampung one day.




Fin.




No comments: