Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bali - Day 2

I just wanted to upload some photos of day two but i forgot that i didnt take that many in the first place.

So here goes...

We woke up for subuh then went back to bed cos subuh in Bali is at 4.45am!!!

Not to mention we had a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy loong day previously.

We were up playing Pictionary till abt 1.30am.

Seri and myself went back to our room at the end of the hall.

Yes, it was very CRUEL.

They separated the four of us! Not even an adjoining room was available.

The moment we reached our room, Seri crashed out mere minutes of her head touching the pillow.

I had been having problems sleeping a few days before the trip which still carried on when i was there.

So while Seri was sleeping peacefully, i still took about 15-30mins before settling in which was close to 2am.

After the short respite we had, we woke for breakfast *in all our kopet glory*

We got to the breakfast table ard 8am and had a hearty meal for our upcoming journey for the rest of the day.

It was a good thing that we packed in a big breakfast cos we didn't have lunch till about 3-4pm later that afternoon.

After the heavy meal, the four of us took a walk along the sidewalk towards the nearest supermarket to get some essentials.

It took a good 10-15mins to and from the shop, back to the hotel to shower and get dressed for our fun filled water activity day.

We had agreed to meet Rudy our guide at ard 9.45am at the hotel lobby to head over to Tanjong Benoa with another family flying in from S*ingapore (however they were I*ndian Nationals).

We waited for quite a while cos they were stuck in traffic and then they also too a GREAT long while to check in.

Why is it that when THEY *see above* go ANYWHERE in the world, they are PAINFULLY slow.

To the point of leisurely-ness!

Even our tour guide commented so!

-Well that's another gripe for another day-

Ouh well.

Onward with the story.

We all piled into the van for another 45min journey to Tg Benoa and all the 4 of us managed to get 40 winks.

The moment i opened my eyes we were less than 5 mins frm our destination.

We were greeted by a very tanned Balinese man who gave us a menu of sea sport activities with a brief description.

*Side-note: We had initially just wanted to snorkel and look at the pretty fish from a glass bottom boat*

But LO & BEHOLD! the moment the words "SCUBA-DIVE" escaped his lips, we all looked at each other in silent agreement that this was OUR choice!

I could hardly believe it!

For 400,000 Rp we would be diving amongst the colourful sealife for half-an-hour with our diving instructor!

400,000Rp is roughly equivalent to SGD54!

Not only that!

We also took up the video and photo package for another 120,00Rp.

Though some may argue that it is a little pricey (or not), it was definitely $$$ well spent.

I could not have been happier and excited to dive.

I had only been snorkelling both in M*alaysia and once previously in B*ali and i looked forward to this amazing experience EXCITEDLY with my girlfriends from Uni!

It was DEFINITELY the 2nd highlight of the trip.

The 1st being suli's "not-so-secret-admirer" at Uluwatu, Mr Kumis with his hand around her shoulder and his head leaning on the other unoccupied shoulder


I still roll with laughter at the memory :))

Ok back to our diving experience.

We werent the only pple diving that day, the mother and father from the Indian family that joined us too.

So it was a cosy company of 6 plus the 2 very nice diving instructors, Arjun and Dicky and the guy steering his boat and his son *i think*

We took a less than 10min boat ride to the dive site.

We were told that it was abt 3-5m deep.

Before we began the actual diving, our main instructor Arjun gave us some simple instructions on how to use the mask and the regulator and how to breathe using the regulator.

You THINK its easy but its not.

I was lucky enough to have snorkelled which gave me a leg up on the use of the regulator

The 3 girls weren't so lucky.

We were also taught some basic hand signals and what to do in case water came into the regulator and mask.

After the short lesson, we were strapped with weight belts and one by one, we plunged into the slightly chilly waters.

First in was shasha.

Taking the cue from her, we all grabbed the side of the boat *clinging for dear life mind you! especially when there are weights strapped around your waist*

They then put on the tank on when we were in the water.

Suli and Seri were quite nervous, seeing that they had no swimming experience.

Both had trouble breathing from the regulator.

Shasha and Suli were then led to the dive site by the instructor.

Seri and I were next into the water.

I didnt want to leave Seri alone but Dicky had already pulled me to the dive site seeing that i had already gotten a hang of breathing on the regulator.

Before i could even allay Seri's fears he whisked me away to the dive site and let me equalise as we went deeper.

Then i met the other 2 girls on this piece of coral and i waved excitedly to shasha and suli!

There were PLENTY of fish swimming around us.

I saw some parrot fish, i think it was angel fish and then "Dory's" too

But i did feel slightly claustrophobic and worried that some of the fish would bite my fingers.

It was a spectacular show of God's creation.

Ok im tired now Part 2 of Day 2 later.

-4 tired and hungry girls after a dive-


p/s: i want my OWN e*dward c*ullen; NOT R*obert P*attinson. movie disappointed me :(

and so i bought the book.